HAPPY 2018! PAO PAO PAO Concert
With the Summer festival season well under way and we want to wish everyone safe travels to these various, exciting events. So much has happened where Toni featured in the World of Wearable Arts, travelled overseas to the Hawaii Islands, performed around NZ with Tākitimu Karanga where this tour was a finalist in the Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori – Māori Language Commission Language Awards and Toni has begun her 13 track music project due for release in May and shoots 5 music videos in March all supported by Te Mangai Pāho – The Māori Broadcasting Agency.
One of the bigger projects Toni is producing this year is the renowned PAO PAO PAO concert.
FINAL LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PAO PAO PAO 2018,
A ONE-NIGHT-ONLY MĀORI MUSICAL SHOWCASE
Internationally-acclaimed, APRA Maioha Award-winning Māori thrash metal band ALIEN WEAPONRY are joining the Pao Pao Pao line-up, along with a host of newly-announced acts confirmed to perform at the 17th installment of the annual Māori musical showcase on Saturday 17th February, 2018 at Pipitea Marae in Wellington. Joining Whangarei-based ALIEN WEAPONRY in today’s second line-up announcement are:
- RnB Soul singer-songwriter and Waiata Māori Award winner KIRSTEN TE RITO with support from pianist JAMES ILLINGWORTH and her band;
- golden-voiced soul singer MARA TK, performing alongside acclaimed songwriter and pianist MARK VANILAU;
- up-and-coming teen choreographer and dance sensation NGARETA TEIRA-TUILOMA showcasing dance/haka;
- plus, Kapa Haka performance with Te Haeata Awatea from Wellington College and Wellington Girls College;
- MCs for the night are MARAMA FOX and ADRIAN WAGNER.
Acts already announced to perform Pao Pao Pao 2018 include:
- acclaimed Haka-soul Musician ROB RUHA, supported by THE WITCH DOCTOR;
- solo a cappella songstress and queen of loops, MIHIRANGI;
- Wellington-based soul, RnB and roots band GROVE ROOTS, featuring the powerful vocals of SIANNE;
- Māori Gospel-Soul artist KAATERAMA, winner of the Emerging Artist Under 25 Award at the 10th annual Waiata Māori Music Awards in 2017;
- plus, celebrated slam poet TE KAHU ROLLESTON will perform his works in both English and Te Reo Māori.
Producer Toni Huata said: “Pao Pao Pao’s kaupapa is about celebrating the diversity of Māori music forms and today’s announcement guarantees that this year’s event will do exactly that.”
The event, hosted by the Pūatatangi Committee of Toi Māori Aotearoa, is supported with funding from Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori, the Māori Language Commission and Creative New Zealand. Pao Pao Pao 2018 promises to deliver a night of inspirational entertainment and is suitable for all ages.
Pao Pao Pao 2018 Saturday 17th February, 2018
Venue: Pipitea Marae, 55 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Tickets details: $25 General Admission, $15 Concession.
Buy tickets via - https://www.iticket.co.nz/events/2018/feb/pao-pao-pao
For more information email@example.com
Media enquiries please contact:
Tamar Münch The Public Good Ltd
P: +64 21 659 349